Sunday, November 16, 2008

You've gotta love those "brilliant" moments!

So, just shortly after writing the last post about the gorgeous day we were having and how great it was to get the "winterizing" done around the house, I had a "brilliant" stupid moment!

I realized when I was calling the kids in for dinner that I still had the hose out for the front yard. I thought... oh that's easy enough to put away, I'll just go put it in the shed. I got to the shed and thought that I would hang it up over the shed rafter so the hose would drain out. I did it last year and it worked great. So the sprayer nozzle was still attached and I had my "brilliant" thought that if I left the nozzle on it, the weight of the nozzle would help to launch it up and over the rafter. My plan would of worked great however, when you actually hit the rafter dead-on, the nozzle comes shooting back at an alarming speed and hurts really bad when it whacks you right between the eyes. It was a "brilliant" stupid moment. After the seeing-stars bonk, I was thinking how stupid that was and how I'm sure no one would find me (if I blacked-out) until after everyone was starving looking for dinner. Luckily the hit was directly between my eyes and it didn't hit either eye socket or my nose. I have this silly 1/4 inch cut between my eyes to remind me of my brilliant stupidity.

I thought for sure all the kids in Primary today would notice the silly cut on my head, however another Sister in Primary had a really bad black eye from an elbow hit during a basketball game and she got all the attention. Luckily I didn't have to tell people about my facial blemish origins. I guess the Lord blesses us in strange ways! :)

2 comments:

OPA said...

I hate those brilliant stupid moments, expecially when they result in bodily injury. I hope you are ok. Did you need stitches?

Shelly Turpin said...

ouch! Glad you are OK