Thursday, December 11, 2008

Heater on the fritz...

Of course - it's just before Christmas and it's REALLY cold here and the heater decides to go loopy! We had the heater guy out and it worked just fine for him. He thought it could be the thermostat because our's was really old (still used a mercury filled tube to tell temp for when to kick on). So we replaced that ($150) and paid the $75 service call fee...

So now it's the next morning (today) and the heater stopped working again. So apparently it's NOT the really old thermostat that I just updated for no reason. (Happy Birthday to me, right? - I've always wanted a new thermostat for my birthday)

The heater guy is coming back today to fix the ignition module. (It's probably expensive!) He also informed me that even though they replaced it two years ago in March, the two year warranty has expired. Oh goodie! I just love dishing out tons of dough at this time of year!

Oh well - this is the stuff you deal with when you live in an older home!

1 comment:

Shelly Turpin said...

so sorry - I hate that!
I hate having to call a repairman back an back and back.
Sorry!