Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back to Life!

Okay, I'm getting back to my "normal" life again. I have to say I somewhat enjoyed the unstructured disconnected me. During my Christmas break, I didn't check e-mails for days and kind of let the day to day things go a bit. I'm paying for it now with trying to get my life back in order, but I really enjoyed "letting go" of my controlled self and just enjoying my parents in town. (Thanks mom and dad for the vacation from my life).

During the Christmas break we enjoyed LOTS of snow, porch diving (see my dads blog for pics), puzzles, good food and snacks, and spending time with each other.

After Christmas, on Monday, 29th, Rich had knee surgery to repair a torn ACL and several meniscal tears.

It's been a week since surgery and Rich is doing great. His recovery is better than average (then again Rich wouldn't have it any other way - always above average in everything he does). When we visited the doctor just 2 days after surgery the doctor was very impressed by his healing and wished another patient of his could see Rich as an inspiration. It's always great to see what the power of Priesthood blessings, and faith can do!


School is back into the swing of things as is babysitting for me (WOW - 6am comes way too early). When the kids got off the bus yesterday after their 1st day back, it looked like the walking dead. They were all tired and bummed out to be back into school mode. They're already counting down the days until Winter break in February.

Anyway - back to life (bills, laundry, errands, tending to my sweetie, cleaning, dishes, grocery shopping... the list goes on and on).

2 comments:

MindyMindy said...

Holler!!
Had no idea you had a blog.
(maybe you wanted it that way)
Did you have a grand birthday?
The kids loved singing to your answering machine. lol

MindyMindy said...

You're doing a swell job with your blog!! I never would have guessed you done know what you are doing. lol
If you want to change backgrounds...check out http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/ or http://www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com/ They are both pretty cool!
That, by the way, was our first attempt at a bowling night. I believe it got a thumbs up, so look for your invite to the next one!